Banns by Membership of the Church electoral roll

Before you look at this page please take a look here.

If you can come to Church  once a month or more for at least  8 months before your wedding day you can then have your names entered on the Church membership list and you can be married by banns of marriage.  This route takes a minimum of 8 months to complete, or 10 months if once of you is a divorcee.

The easiest and simplest way of getting married in church is to attend church monthly before your wedding and apply to be on the church electoral roll. You will then be able to get married by banns of marriage. This allows us to get to know you and you to get to know us.

Why not come to Church regularly once a month prior to your wedding and get to know us, so we can get to know you better? Have your names entered on the Church membership list (called an electoral roll). You can then have your banns read and be married here.  The electoral roll form is available on the Info and Forms page via the navigation bar on the left of this page.

It is your responsibility to complete the forms and get your banns read in the parish where you live. Please remember to bring the certificate to the wedding rehearsal.  We hope that when you are married you will continue coming to church.